Tamara is a practicing trial attorney dedicated to public service. She's a civil servant with experience at both the county and state level. Tamara possesses a well-rounded legal background in representing the community in criminal matters and representing the Commonwealth in civil matters. She has extensive experience working with District Courts, the Court of Common Pleas and Appellate Courts. Tamara is committed to protecting the community and advocating for children.
ASSISTANT PUBLIC DEFENDER, Westmoreland County, December 2020 – Present
- Represents clients in criminal, mental health, non-support, and indirect criminal contempt hearings.
- Represents clients at the District Court Level, the Court of Common Pleas and at the Superior Court.
- Advises clients of legal rights, defenses and appropriate action.
- Drafts legal memorandum and prepares cases for jury and non-jury trials.
- Conducts jury and non-jury trials.
ASSISTANT COUNSEL, Office of General Counsel, Dept. of Transportation, July 2016- November 2020
- Represented the Commonwealth in jury trials, civil hearings and negotiations.
- Litigated cases involving eminent domain, tort, civil service appeals and statutory appeals.
- Reviewed and analyzed engineering reports, right-of-way plans, appraisals and land titles.
- Researched and drafted briefs for pre-trial, post-trial and appellate eminent domain matters.
- Conducted depositions and prepared witnesses for hearings and jury trials.
- Appeared in the Court of Common Pleas in eight (8) counties in Western, Pennsylvania.
- Appeared before the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
ASSISTANT PUBLIC DEFENDER, Westmoreland County, November 2014 – July 2016
- See above.
MEDIATOR, Allen County Prosecutor's Office, Lima, Ohio, January 2014- May 2014
- Conducted mediations on behalf of the DA's office to avoid formal filing of criminal charges.
- Identified those cases which were appropriate for alternative dispute resolution.
- Assisted and guided parties toward resolution.
- Drafted mediation agreements.
JUDICIAL INTERN, Westmoreland County Court of Common Pleas, January 2014
- Interned for the Honorable Judge Christopher Feliciani.
LAW CLERK, Galloway and Monzo, Greensburg, Summer 2013
- Assisted attorneys and paralegals with document production and trial preparation.
- Researched relevant case law to draft trial and appellate briefs.
OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY- Claude W. Pettit College of Law
Juris Doctor, May 2014
SETON HILL UNIVERSITY
Bachelor of Arts, Dual Major in Political Science and Art History, Magna Cum Laude, 2010
Bar Admission & Activities
MEMBER, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Licensed 2014-Present
MEMBER, Westmoreland County Bar Association, 2014-Present
CASA VOLUNTEER, CASA of Westmoreland, 2018-Present